The Meetings and Events Intern will support the design and coordination of TerraLuna offered meetings, events, professional development, and online communications. The intern will gain experience in event planning in a variety of forms, specifically through working on organizing TerraLuna offered meetings, events, professional development, and online communications. Events are typically small (10-100 people) and 1-hour to 1-week in length. We are focused on both content delivery and hosting a meaningful experience. This is a great position for someone who is highly detail oriented, a creative thinker, and a loves to meet people in the community.
Most meetings will take place at @ArtsHub West, Intermedia Arts in Minneapolis, MN. Other meetings will take place at project sites. Events are typically held in the Twin Cities or online. Additional work can be done remotely.
The intern will:
- Support the development, planning for, logistics coordination and facilitation of TerraLuna offered meetings, events, professional development.
- Write about TerraLuna opportunities for the TerraLuna website and social media accounts.
- Administrative assistance with event preparation, which can include: mail merge name badges, preparing materials for courier shipment, and travel confirmation packets.
- Additional duties may include:
- assisting with event preparations and logistics,
- onsite coordination for events,
- conducting research and initiate contact to various vendors for partnerships (i.e. entertainment, transportation, hospitality, etc.)
The intern will work, on average, 10 hours per week. Many of these hours will be working on self-directed tasks. Hours include regular weekly meeting times with Murphy. All other hours are flexible.
- a laptop and access to a reliable internet connection
- reliable transportation
- working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- a strong background in the arts
Nora F. Murphy, TerraLuna’s Principal Vision Officer
This is an unpaid internship
Send cover letter and resume to:
Nora F. Murphy, Principal Evaluator
2822 Lyndale Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN. 55408
DOWNLOAD THE FULL POSITION DESCRIPTION HERE
The position will be open until filled.